TAP Proudly Presents
The 2014 Art Contest Winners!
Congratulations to all of our winners!
First Place : Prize $150
Kennard Alvaro Hadinata, Xin Zhong School, Surabaya, Indonesia
Second Place : Prize $100
Angel Sealtiel S. Muñoz, Baliwasan Central School, Zamboanga, Philippines
Dedan Choezom, Radburn Elementary School, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Armeen Binte Jafry, Rongdhonu Art Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Ariella Kudwoli, Nairobi Jaffery Academy, Nairobi, Kenya
Olivia Zhang, Leeann Art Studio, Parsippany, New Jersey
First Place : Prize $150
Aarya Butolia, Lancers Army School, Surat, Gujarat, IndiaSecond Place : Prize $100
Maria Angelica Tejada, Padre Burgos Elementary School, Pasay City, Manila, Philippines
Deep Banerjee, Broad Brook Elementary School, East Windsor, Connecticut
Mohammad Niyaz Hasan, G.R. Taylor Elementary School, White Hall, Arkansas
Maya Jandzinski, Goochland Elementary School, Goochland, Virginia
Johannah Devins Nelson, Hibberd Intermediate School, Richmond, Indiana
The Art Contest
This contest was open to all students in elementary grades one through four, including students from private and public schools as well as home-schooled students.
Theme: Living Together in Peace
Children learn and internalize stereotypes at a very young age; as a teacher and/or parent you can help open minds and hearts. Our theme for this year's annual art contest is "Living Together in Peace." Peace can only come when we learn how to accept and learn from our differences while sharing and celebrating the things we have in common. We ask you to let your students or children have a voice in what such a world would look like, for they and their visions are our future.
The subject of the artwork entry is to be a personal expression of what "Living Together in Peace" means to the student. Artwork will be judged on originality of design, clarity of theme message, and artistic merit.
Participation: Entrants will be divided into two groups by grade:
- Group A—1st and 2nd grades, as of September 2014
- Group B—3rd and 4th grades, as of September 2014
Prizes: There will be two prizes in each group:
- First place: $150
- Second place: $100
- (Prizes of comparable value will be awarded for those who reside outside of the United States.)
- Only one piece per student.
- Entry may be a painting, drawing, collage, or other 2-dimensional work only.
- Entries should be emailed to artcontest(at)teachersagainstprejudice.org by October 15, 2014, and should be accompanied by this Contest Entry Form.
- Only digital files will be accepted; photos or scanned images of artwork must be submitted in jpeg format (high resolution). Files may be emailed or sent on CD. We will not accept hard copies of artwork.
TAP reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will become the property of TAP.