TAP Proudly Presents
The 2012 Art Contest Winners!
Congratulations to all of our winners!
First Place : Prize $150
Amithi Tadigadapa, Young Scholars of Central Pennsylvania Charter School, State College, Pennsylvania
Second Place : Prize $100
Pramuditha Madigapola, Balboa Elementary School, Northridge, California
Rachel Cho, Metuchen Christian Academy, Metuchen, New Jersey
Sithika Nivisara Yatapana, St. Bernadette's Model School, Polgahawela, Sri Lanka
First Place : Prize $150
Jordan Brinkley, Charlotte Anderson School, Arlington, TexasSecond Place : Prize $100
Arya Sasne, Village Elementary School, West Windsor, New Jersey
Isabelle Chiu, Frederiksen Elementary School, Dublin, California
Michelle Huang, P.S. 129 Patricia Larkin School, College Point, New York
Wenfei Lin, P.S. 203 Oakland Gardens School, Flushing, New York
The Art Contest
This contest was open to all students in elementary grades one through four, including students from private and public schools as well as home-schooled students.
Theme: Fashion and Culture
Clothing and culture often go together. Maybe you have seen people in your neighborhood, place of worship, school, or on television wearing traditional, religious, ceremonial or ethnic clothing that you thought was beautiful, "cool," or interesting to wear. Draw a picture of someone wearing your favorite traditional, religious, ceremonial, or ethnic clothing. It could be from your own cultural background or someone else's. Please include a title or short explanation of your picture.
The subject of the artwork entry is to be the student's personal expression of "Fashion and Culture" and may be in either descriptive or abstract form. Artwork will be judged on originality of design, clarity of theme message, and artistic merit.
Participation: Entrants will be divided into two groups by grade:
- Group A—1st and 2nd grades, as of September 1, 2012
- Group B—3rd and 4th grades, as of September 1, 2012
Prizes: There will be two prizes in each group:
- First place: $150
- Second place: $100
- (Prizes of comparable value will be awarded for those who reside outside of the United States.)
- Only one piece per student.
- Entry may be a painting, drawing, collage, or other 2-dimensional work only.
- Entries should be emailed to contest(at)teachersagainstprejudice.org by October 15, 2012, and should be accompanied by this Contest Entry Form.
- Only digital files will be accepted; photos or scanned images of artwork must be submitted in jpeg format (high resolution). Files may be emailed or sent on CD. We will not accept hard copies of artwork.
TAP reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will become the property of TAP.